• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clark 290m photos and information

Ductmaster

I'll try too post some video on here tomorrow. Search 290m on youtube, I posted some videos of the double pan units that are in the first pics I posted.

Rite 470

I have to say the doubles are impressive I owned a couple of 290m's I always thought about putting two pans together but never had the balls to do it. They are tough machines but the only problem I ever had with my machines was that stupid Fiber Ring it was a pain in my a**! Does anyone know who this contractor is? I now run the Rite tractor with miskin pans, it is a clark 290m updated with duals, bigger engine and cab, but miss having my 290m's they were great machines.

980C

Occupation
Truck Driver
Is that the same outfit that was working on 94 a couple years ago? If I recall correctly, they also had a couple Clark 275 loaders with duals on the front that they were using on the project, loading the broken up concrete from the highway. Might be a different company that I'm thinking of, but they had a whole fleet of 290m's out there working on I94.

Ductmaster

ThhThat would be them, Guthmiller Earthmoving. About 4 years ago they did some projects in Bismarck ND. They had about 10 290ms,2 CMI motor graders and those 2 Clark 275 Loaders. They just finished moving a large amount of fill from behind the north Wal-Mart about a week ago. That is where I got the double bowl pic and the vids I posted on youtube under Clark 290m. I have more vids to post , just not have time. They had 4 double bowl 290s with 60 series Detroits with jakebrakes. 4 290 single bowl, 1 290 pusher with blade and ripper and 1 290 pulling a box blade and sheeps foot. They have hauled away everything execpt the double units. Sure miss the smell of burnt diesl and the sound of those exhaust brakes in the morning.

Ductmaster

Talking to one of the dirt bosses there, he thought they had about 30 to 40 290m's that where running. He says the 290s are not new and shinny but run cheep and if the motor takes a dump they just stuff a series 60 Detroit in it and get back at it. If you have seen a 290 up close there is not much too brake because they are built better then a tank.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
whats the story on the doubles whats the haul distance