• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clanging sound makes tire deflat

Old Doug

My truck has had a noise that didnt worry me until i tryed to find it. I heared it and saw something lose on a step so today i removed a bolt and plate that was something not being used and i checked the tires one inside had the valve core backed out it leaked when i took the cap off. I backed it out of the shop clanging was still there. I could hear it was coming from the rear that filled my head with bad thoughts about something was wrong in the third member. I was about scared to drive it home but it was not making any thing happen to make me think something was wrong . At home i jacked one side up and put it in gear nothing i jacked the other side up clang clang how could something inside the brake drum be lose and not get hung up? I then figured something was rolling around inside the drop center of the dayton wheel i think its a weight off the brake drum. I think it made the valve core back out. Everything is good agin i will sleep good tonight.