• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CID attachments ? Good/Bad?

Todd v.

They seem to make solid stuff, it's not engineered to a super high degree but they give you good bang for the buck IMO.

kckc

I looked at one of their brush cutters but they are still using a gear box instead of a direct drive. Seems I was told a direct drive had much fewer parts to damage.

Todd v.

Actually if you look on their websight they are now making their top line mower with a direct drive piston motor on it. But I have not seen one for sale in the normal places or any videos of one in action.

kckc

Actually if you look on their websight they are now making their top line mower with a direct drive piston motor on it. But I have not seen one for sale in the normal places or any videos of one in action.

found it... it's their extreme brush cutter - wonder why it needs a case drain - I don't think any of the others I've looked at had that.

Todd v.

Any piston motor should have a case drain, it prevents pressure buildup behind the seals so they don't fail.

kckc

I'll have to check the other brands I've looked at - I just don't recall them having a case drain so maybe a different set up. thanks for the info