• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Christmas in June... a new 990

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
..Well, just about new. I think it was bought sometime last summer or fall for one of the PA quarries. Originally it was going to be charging the new crusher they'd installed, but that changed and they brought a couple of the R40's back in and are actually loading the crusher with a 345. Well production out did the sales there and the production crew has been shut down for a couple months, so they sent a few operators down and now also the new 990h. From what I hear it's staying and the other quarry will be getting an L350 Volvo, cause a 990 is a little bit over kill for 40-tonners, though not as much as a 992c:drinkup

Here's the few photos I had time to snap when it came in and after they got the cab and rops back on. Enjoy:cool:

Attachments

• AIEMCat990h_AGAflat.jpg
    AIEMCat990h_AGAflat.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 841
  • AIEMCat990h_AGAPetelowboy.jpg
    AIEMCat990h_AGAPetelowboy.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 842
  • AIEMCAt990h1.jpg
    AIEMCAt990h1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 831
  • AIEMCat990h2.jpg
    AIEMCat990h2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 836

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
wonder why they subbed out the hauling

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
wonder why they subbed out the hauling

We actually use A.G. Allenbach quite often between several of the business units and within AAM.

In this particular case it was a must, the 990 was hauled in on a 2 axle jeep and 4 axle beam trailer (2x4 I guess?). We don't have either of those in our fleet.

Bully

I'll bet that 990 is a bit overkill for a R40! Our 992 loads a R60 in about 2.5-3 buckets. Our 40 is about 1.5 buckets to a 992...makes for a long day trucking. Pull up, blink, leave, dump, repeat....often. Nice pics keep em coming!

oriden

Occupation
Equipment operator/ truck driver/ wrench operator/
looks sexy, saw one up here in ontario at a pit, you getting any time in it?

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
What a great looking loader :notworthy please post more after it gets the bucket and railings and all that

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
I'll bet that 990 is a bit overkill for a R40! Our 992 loads a R60 in about 2.5-3 buckets. Our 40 is about 1.5 buckets to a 992...makes for a long day trucking. Pull up, blink, leave, dump, repeat....often. Nice pics keep em coming!

Yeah, before they put the "mobile" crusher in and got the new 990, they used to have 3 R40's being loaded by a 992c... yes a 992, two buckets,
slight overkill.

looks sexy, saw one up here in ontario at a pit, you getting any time in it?

While that would be awesome, and anything is possible, I don't see it me getting time in it any time soon, course I guess it just depends on how long I'm there...:beatsme

What a great looking loader :notworthy please post more after it gets the bucket and railings and all that

I'll do what I can.... it's been a little hard, seeing as I'm in the yard this week running a 980 and it's in the hole. It even looks meaner compared to the older 990's:drinkup:usa

Nice photos pullpan, thanks again for sharing:drinkup