• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chinese Wheel Loader Numbering System?

hiluxman

I have noticed most China made loaders have the "ZL" Prefix regardless of make its like there are 10 different companies makeing a ZL50B Like not all companies makeing a Cat 950 size loader call it a 950 seems odd to me to have that many machines with the same model made by different companies like some machine share model numbers like there is a CAT 773 Rock Truck and a BOBCAT 773 Skid Steer nobody will confuse a rock truck with a skid steer

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
Mate the letters ZL come from a old chinese company that was the first doing it and the numbers after the the letters stand for the lifting capicaty for example a ZL10 = 1ton lifting capacity so a ZL50 = a 5ton lifting capicity . Also i was told that why the first company used ZL is it has something to do with the way the chinese words sound when they are convertered into Pingyin the chinese english letter system.

Also you will see there is a few chinese companys now starting there machines with the 9## numbers basicly trying to copy CAT not sure why but they are.

hiluxman

Seems confusing to have them all the same do they have a letter at the end like or there ZL50Cs for example they all seem to be the same to me and are different ages

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
Mate the letters mean very little a lot of the time its a minor change. if you need help finding a wheel loader in china let me know I am based in china and I have a wheel loader factory here myself.

verano

ZL mean that Z stand for loading in Chinese pinyin L mean the wheel in Chinese pinyin

Now ,most of chinese company using number to stand for machines,in my company,the 9 mean the wheel loader ,for example,XG958,XG is our company short name of XGMA,9 is wheel loader ,5 mean 5 ton rated load capacity ,8 mean that it is listed NO.8 after other model .

2machine

Occupation
OWNER
Hello guys, I'm from China and in this business. Liugong has cooperated with CAT in 1980's with 966E model.

And then they learnt some of the technology and start to build their own 966E alike wheel loaders, called ZL60