• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chinese mini excavators?

Norbert77

The used market is nuts around here, been looking for a compact backhoe but no decent prices. There are some new chinese mini excavators around, new, it might do what i need. Do they last? Replacement parts?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
There are a few threads for research purposes -

What do you want to do with it?

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Sounds like an old backhoe ($20,000-$40,000) would work. That way you get set up with a machine to dig, and if you can find one with a bucket and forks you can handle a lot of variety of work.

There are a lot of new mini excavators coming out. Some of them have Yanmar motors and may overall be ok for light work on a small lot. Forget about parts and dealer help, plus service manual. For an excavator, stick with a nice used name brand (Kubota, Deere, Cat, Takeuchi, etc) and go 4-6 ton in size ($30,000-45,000).

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
1500 acres to explore?

I'm with PeterG an older backhoe option just for travel speed. Shiver at the thought of trying to cover any distance on 1500 acres with a mini-ex. :oops:

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
The used market is nuts around here, been looking for a compact backhoe but no decent prices. There are some new chinese mini excavators around, new, it might do what i need. Do they last? Replacement parts?
Personally i would avoid all Chinese products if possible, especially higher dollar products.

zeroo

Charter Member
Occupation
plumbing contractor
1500 acres to explore?

I'm with PeterG an older backhoe option just for travel speed. Shiver at the thought of trying to cover any distance on 1500 acres with a mini-ex. :oops:
I have a 130 acres and hate to go to the back to do anything. 3mph is like pulling teeth.

skyking1

I have a 130 acres and hate to go to the back to do anything. 3mph is like pulling teeth.
need to build a set of these
DSC_0047-1024x681.jpg

jbernielh

I have 30 acres with lots of hills.. I constantly move rock, tree's, dirt etc.. position the cat 304 at the location of said items and then use the monster old ford 750 hoe to do the traveling.. the 304 is perfect for loading the 4 in 1 bucket on the hoe..