• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chineese travel motor

lantraxco

It's probably a crap shoot (US slang for high odds gamble if you didn't know) but maybe worth a try. I buy Chinese planetary final drives and have had no problems at all, but you never know. It's extremely unlikely you will be dealing with the actual manufacturer though they may tell you they are, almost everything sold for export is done through wholesalers, agents, or trading companies, basically just sales people.

They obviously produce lots of them, so they must work for a while at least or they would stop making them?

Keep in mind the cost of bringing it in, ocean freight isn't much but there will be customs, brokerage, document fees, VAT, and every other thing they can think of to charge you for. Here it cost me about $600 USD for every shipment just to get it processed, and that's regardless of any import duty. Then if I pick it up at the steamship warehouse, they charge me $65 to put it in my truck with a forklift. Never ends.

JDOFMEMI

I would gamble on one for an older machine that is not relied on daily. It may be a cost effective way to get more life out of a tired machine.

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Don't gamble, call us.
I can tell you that 99% of the people on Alibaba are trading agents.
We have a distributor in New Zealand that can help you. Travel Motors Direct.

Garrie Denny

Occupation
see above
excavator travel motor

I personnaly would not take the risk,if its no good you have nooooooo come back and they will turn the Chinese to English convertor machine off , then youll be up for Chinese speaking lessons as well. I don't like the suss metal they use,the part look the goods but ? Nah.

Last edited: