• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chicago passes another ordinance

cortlandj86

The only reason I know about this is because my brother-in-law is in the construction business up north in chicago. he sent me this article with more 'great news' as he put it. http://blog.machinefinder.com/4420/chicago-projects-subject-to-new-rules (i think he was being a bit sarcastic) he tells me things are getting kinda ridiculous and costing him a lot of money to comply with all of these new regulations and what not. personally, i think alll the new regulations and policies are a good thing. plus its always good to see him squirm a bit :D

jkiser96

Occupation
Concrete truck driver / business owner
Looks like no older Terex scrapers or dozers will be allowed in Chi-Town.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
But you can still hire ilegals that work cheap.So you can still make money.I forgot they tear up more than you can pay for.

blademan150

Occupation
Retired Local 150 Operating Engineer
The outfit I worked for, for the last 25 yrs, was slowly getting rid of all their TS 14's during the last 5 yrs because of the pending clean air regs. They even put Cat engines and trannies in one to see if it was worth it. That thing would fly but would kill the operator because of the ride. There were some jobs 5 yrs ago that we couldn't have any TS 14's or any of the old 16 blades on, guess it was a local goverment thing or the developers showing the towns how "Green" they were.