• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Changing the control pattern

BlackDog

Anyone ever change the control pattern on a machine by changing the hydraulic lines go into the machine from the boom. I look at my new TB145 (new to me) and it does not have a selector switch on it. So I began to think of what my options might be. Well this would be one of the cheapest ways. Other than just retain myself.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Lots of people have done it... but usually to older machines.

I don't know how takehuchi works their pressures but some of the newer stuff has different relief and control pressures to different cylinders which can mess with how it operates when you switch certain lines, is this a pilot control machine? if so then you have a better chance of it working correct by switching the pilot lines around. I have ran a few Tak 150's and I think they all had pattern changers...

wrwtexan

Occupation
Indy Farm Wrench, heavy land clearing, rancher
I changed the pilot lines around on my 1996 JD 790ELC. I traced them from the valve bank down under the cab and labeled each line then drew myself a diagram inside a door to figure out the switchout. On mine, the lines are all too big and are either built for a location or have taken a set and wouldn't easily move. What are you wanting to change? Boom and stick? if so, it will only need 4 pilot lines switched around.

wilko

Before I installed a pattern changer on my EX120 I switched the pilot hoses around. Not a difficult job.

BlackDog

Thanks for the replies, Its a TB 145 and it has pilot controls He want to swap out the boom and the stick, I am used to running a kubota and would just make things simpler.

BlackDog

I took apart the arm rest tonight. I did'nt relize that the lines where filled with oil. Uffex I checked out the link that you posted. Are all of controls the same for all excavators?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Blackdog
Most of todays excavators coming from Asia are equipped with Kawasaki control levers (Joy sticks) these can be a copy or original most of the original have the ports marked on the underside. Best make sure all the pressure has been released before you attempt to loosen any connections.. If you like to post me a photo of the control lever valve I will try to help some more.
Kind reagrds
Uffex