• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Changing out dead axle on D7G

.RC.

What is it with so many machines in the US not having rippers.

Here it is rare to see a drawbar only machine. Is the dirt in the US so soft you never need to rip it?

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The answer is Yes. I too, was greatly surprised at the number of tractors in the U.S. without rippers, when I first got onto the tractor forums. We got all the hard rocks here.

8V71

I personally would not own a crawler with out rippers. But If you look at the history and evolution of the crawlers they originated in this are for agriculture purposes so they could run in softer ground conditions around Stocktons Delta area.They were used a lot around here for pulling implements and scapers up until the 8 wheelers and rubber tracks took over. Most of the construction rigs run rippers and the loggers mostly winches.and the ag guys usually run draw bars or single barrel ripper on the larger machines. The soil varies alot you can go from sandy loam to hard pan to clay to sugar sand or very rocky conditions with in 30 miles