• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Changing hoses on a Case 580C extendahoe?

fishfighter

Well, I been getting a lot of land clearing done up to this morning. Was pushing, lifting trees and burning them. Then came a new problem. One of the hoses that feed the extendahoe started leaking.:Banghead

Broke out the shop manual and I'm not happy about having to pull the complete section off to service this just to change out both hoses.

I was thinking of setting the hoe up to were I could just pull the rear cylinder pin and then extend it to were the cylinder extends out. What y'all think? Will this work?

Thanks for any input.

fishfighter

Here is a update. My plan worked. Only twice I had oil shoot out raising the boom and lowering it. LOL It was a SOB getting the pin out. I had sprayed it with PB Blaster, put the maul to it, more spray, a bigger maul, more spray, then a pipe wrench and pipe and it broke free. Changed both hoses.

KevinF

Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the post/update. Always thought it would be a pain to get in there and replace/service in there.