• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

changing control functions on CAT315

capecodpondguy

I have rented a 2003 CAT 315, a little different than my Bobcat 331!!! I have been used to my Bobcat controls and the CAT has the traditional controls. Is there a lever to switch on the CAT so I can use the same functions that I am used to on my 331? Have some big concrete blocks to unload and septic to install and would feel more comfortable with what I am used to. Thanks
David

DR RPM

Occupation
Dirt Flinger
Most rental machines should have a box with small hoses coming out of it, in front of the rad to change controls, take out the 1/4 inch bolt and move the small lever the other way. This is a common concern for rental customers of smaller machines, so most are set up to switch over :bash

coopers

Not sure how the others are but Kubota excavators have an "A," "B" pattern switch, A being Deere and B being Cat controls. Our newer JD excavators have a switch in the engine compartment.

Blake
WA