• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Champion grader parts

excavator

I'm looking for a brake master cylinder kit for a Champion D600 grader. Any ideas where I can find parts for these? I believe Volvo bought them out, just wondering if there are other sources available. I thought maybe I could just buy cups at the parts store but it looks pretty specialized.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Try strongco in Mississauga Ontario. They are the largest Volvo dealer in North America and have quite a pile of champion parts. Sorry I don't have the phone number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MontanaSteve

Be careful though, they will charge pretty outrageous shipping charges to the US. I'd do some google searching on the part #'s on the side of the master cylinder, I'll bet you can find a complete master cylinder. I was able to find one in the US for our D562 last year for a very reasonable price.

Jade equipment specializes in Champion parts.

http://www.jadeequipment.com/

Welder Dave

For just a master cylinder I'd bet a good commercial brake shop may be able to match it. For parts in general or hard to find parts Jade might be a good option.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
If you do price a new one, I'd be interested in knowing the price. We put a new one on a 730 about 8 years ago, and it was about $800.00 from strongo. The old one was pitted really bad inside and couldn't be rebuilt. Seems to me that there was also a $250 core charge on that as the old was scrap.

excavator

I've done a little checking, it's a Wagner Lockheed FD2704 which is a very popular number used in many trucks ect. However, the internals are totally different using a compound piston. With a little more time spent on Google I found that Allis Chalmers used the same system on their 840 wheel loaders so Monday I will check to see if it is the same bore size and hopefully will be able to go that way. Thanks for the help so far.

Silveroddo

Seems I priced one from Jade last summer and it was around $300 for a series one 720. If you source it from Volvo I'd be sitting down and prepare for some intimate discomfort.

excavator

So I checked it out and the AC 840 has the same power booster and master cylinder so I was able to get one from MinnPar. Thanks for the help.