• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Challenger logging trucks

skadill

Premay Tridrive

These were sent to me,I dont "borrow" photos from other sites.Taken a few months ago

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 2,612
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 2,497

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Hope You Don't Mind....

Hope I'm not offending you by taking pics from other sites. What I'm finding on other sites and posting here are photos taken by other avid motorcyclists who are combing over the back roads of northern Vancouver Island - with camera in hand. Some of these individuals are migrating over to this site to view the extensive photographic collection that has been displayed to this point - they are enjoying what we have displayed immensely. They have gladly given their permission to me to post these photos and I have stated that I will refer any creative credits to them, which I have. More photos are being discovered daily and I will intersperse them with my own - it keeps the flow of this forum moving over these slow summer months. So please enjoy what I have to offer.

Thanks for all these recent posting of Challenger trucks - there weren't enough pictures of those fine Port Alberni built trucks taken for my liking.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Dane Development Challenger truck comming out of the dust(summer 2007). Not the best pictures, but for sure says why you allways shall have lights turned on when driving on logging roads.

Attachments

• 00790006s.jpg
    00790006s.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,641
  • 00790007s.jpg
    00790007s.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,643

GoldRiverHD

Western Forest Products unit #2172 was shipped from Gold River to Port Albernie for a rebuild. I'll get some pictures of it when we get it back.

HDX

GoldRiverHD Are you sure???? How many went out for rebuilds??? There is one down in the IPL Chemainus Shop getting repowered Is that the one ?

GoldRiverHD

GoldRiverHD Are you sure???? How many went out for rebuilds??? There is one down in the IPL Chemainus Shop getting repowered Is that the one ?

My chargehand told me Franklin River, he could be wrong. It had a bottom end failure a few months back, so they are going to throw a Series 60 in it now.

HDX

GoldRiverHD She is down in the Chemainus Shop yard Saw her yesterday when we went down that way on a mission and swung by to see what artifacts were around and there she is I sure wish she was at the Franklin Shop but there is only a concrete slab where once stood one of the best M&B shops on earth I guess we can all say we had the best M&B Shop and so be it We were all proud of what once was. You guys lucked out cause the guy down there is top drawer and VERY GOOD at what he does Old 2172 is in good hands

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Where be the Chemainus shops? I live here now and am just starting to figure out where things are.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
GoldRiverHD She is down in the Chemainus Shop yard Saw her yesterday when we went down that way on a mission and swung by to see what artifacts were around and there she is I sure wish she was at the Franklin Shop but there is only a concrete slab where once stood one of the best M&B shops on earth I guess we can all say we had the best M&B Shop and so be it We were all proud of what once was. You guys lucked out cause the guy down there is top drawer and VERY GOOD at what he does Old 2172 is in good hands

Here is #2172 parked this summer in Gold River before going to Chemainus Shop yard. And a pic how Franklin looks like today. Nothing - well except from my son.. LOL..

Attachments

• IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,372
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,357
  • IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2417.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,352

HDX

jackd Smiley Road Just turn off the highway onto the old copper canyon mainline heading for the bush It is the old M&B Copper Canyon Shop that Leroys bought and took down and then rebuilt and reconfigured and moved it down to its present location One side is on SmileyRoad and the other is on the old mainline

Queenslander

Aussie Challenger?

challenger.jpg

This truck has been advertised here in Aus. for a while now.
Could it be a descendand of the forestry trucks?
Could be a good deal if you had the need for such a thing.
Cheers, Greg