• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cats moving 500,000 lb oak

oldirt

any big tree I ever chewed around but tried to leave died rather quickly, and I didn't break any taps either.

Fickster

I can tell you all why they moved the trees with 2 dozer pulling backwards and 2 hoe pulling it forwards

Fickster

Ok here it is
1 huge sled estimated to weigh half a million pounds.
The cable/chain from sled to blade is because to take the front end weight off ground like a wedge and put more weight on dozer for traction. Think bout it, if you pull a plugboard with weight on it n kept the chain low where the ply board likely to do is get in dirt. As they say they been givin permission to cros private properties but keep
Land damage to a minimum. As for the hoes they use the arm to pull them selves to prevent making ruts from tracks spinning and so on. It take serious team work and commucateion to operate everything smooth and evenly and if you look really closely the field was wet and little middy as well. Any questions

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
Ex's in reverse? Could have been easier on the Op's to pull back on the travel sticks or mash back on the pedals rather than push forward for such a distance. Can't say for certain but I would have found that easier on the old hip-down appendages. As for the dozers, as some other's have mentioned with the cables over the blade it afforded some lift which I'm sure was required since they were "lubricating" the ground with water or -wait for it- some super slick, top secret earth slime.

I liked the video and thought the guitar work was darn decent as well, me pick-on the fiddle too.

Thanks for sharing...

Last edited: