• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar TH Telehandler IT Quick Coupler Dimensions

MSB

I recently purchased a Caterpiller telehandler TH63.
I'm ordering a mixing bucket and would like to confirm the suppliers dwg for the hooks which mate to the IT quick coupler.
Does anyone have a dimensioned dwg for the IT quick coupler?
Thanks,
Mark

gkuhns

^ bump. I need to verify dimensions too. Does anyone have something like this available?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The TH460B's quick coupler is the same as a 420DIT, you can interchange attachments. I am not familiar with the TH63 and if it has the same coupler. You may have to do it the old fashioned way and measure your quick coupler.

gkuhns

I'm building an attachment for a 416C IT for another guy and I don't have access to one to measure. I was hoping to find someone that was willing to share measurements if he had them. I do have access to an aftermarket bracket but the build quality is bad and I don't trust it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Is the 416C IT and the 420D IT the same carrier? I think it is but I'm not certain. I'll measure mine and take some picks if you want.

Surely there are some carrier dimensions on the interwebs somewhere.

gkuhns

I have scoured the web and have not been able to find anything. Maybe I don't know enough of the correct jargon to find it. I would think that there would be something somewhere, but I have not been able to find it. I would really like to be able to find something authoritative.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The problem here is that even dealers have difficulty getting that kind of information, because as soon as you ask for measurements the factory thinks you're trying to go into the manufacturing business and do them out of sales. They'll quite happily give a dealer drawings (with bore sizes for example) to repair a part but they get leery of dishing out plans for this sort of stuff and also for special tooling. If we had a need for many of an item we used to buy one then reverse-engineer it for however many more we wanted.

gkuhns

According to this archived thread https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/archive/index.php/t-12918.html there may be a standard for this type and for two others.
powerjoke
But to answer the OP, yeah all the Global couplers are all universal but there are 3 sizes.
I found and bought the ISO paper for the one used for tractors (ISO 23206:2005) but now I need to find the other two and they are eluding me. ISO 24410:2005 seems to be the latest one for the universal skid steer type. Is this one of the three he was talking about? or is the IT used by CAT backhoes one of them and the IT used on the larger tool carriers (which seem to be the same as the JRB) the third one? Do I have myself confused?

muskoka guy

Occupation
builder
Dont know if this helps you. We have a 06 th460b and the landscaper had a newer cat backhoe. I used his quick attach front bucket a few times and it fit the telehandler exact.

Last edited: