• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar rails on a D4H LGP

BradyHill1

I have an older D4H LGP with what I think is odd u/c wear. the pins and bushings have so much wear on the left side that a link has been taken out and the track will still not tighten up. no bushing is cracked or worn through, they have never been turned, some pins show a lot more wear than other pins. The rails themself look to be in very good shape, the bottom rollers probably ride and inch above the pin boss and have very little dip in the rail itself. this is a Caterpillar rail and not aftermarket.

3rdGenDslWrench

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/ Truck Mechanic/Aut
Has the undercarriage been done recently? We had a miscommunication between what my boss wanted and the undercarriage guy with our D4H. The rails were heavy duty rails. And we didnt know it and we just put the regular bottom rollers on. Well after running about a week the operator kept complaining that it wants to walk out of the bottom of the tracks all the time. Come to find out when we had put the H/D tracks on we didnt get the H/D rollers that go along with it. The throat of the rollers should have been deeper.

BradyHill1

i have owned it for about 1 1/2 years and no u/c work has been done since i have had it. not sure why it has the wear it has, I will take some pics/video tomorrow and post it

rare ss

are the D4H LGP diff steer or clutch steer, we had a D7HXR and it used to wear one side more than the other being diff steer