• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar D69U

Provette

Looked again at your pics, and it looks like the pony engine has been removed. I would say it is a '53 or '54 model. Someone (Old Magnet) will know for sure. It really doesn't matter though as all Caterpillar parts are ordered by serial number and not model year. Hope this helps.
It does. I have also included some more pics from yesterday. Thanks again!dozer10.jpg dozer11.jpg dozer12.jpg

Joel59

Rails and sprockets look excellent. Should be a lot of time left in that old dozer.

Old Magnet

9U15005 would be a 1953 model. It would have originally been a dry clutch with no provision for direct electric start. The oil clutch would be a field change over and the clutch housing change would have the provision for direct electric start.

Provette

9U15005 would be a 1953 model. It would have originally been a dry clutch with no provision for direct electric start. The oil clutch would be a field change over and the clutch housing change would have the provision for direct electric start.
Wow - all of you really know this stuff! Thank you all for your help. Old Magnet - do you have a thought about value on this machine? Thanks again to all of you.

Joel59

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the oil clutch became standard at 9U13263. That would mean that this one actually came fitted with the oil clutch.

Old Magnet

You are absolutely correct. Oil clutch came in at 9U 13263...my bad.
But provision for direct start did not come in until s/n 9U 19,402 so someone had to bore the housing for the starter or use a later clutch housing.

Last edited: