• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

caterpillar chainsaw ????

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
so the other day a guy i work with went to milton caterpillar to get parts and said he saw a caterpillar chainsaw in the showroom. has anyone seen one yet i cant find then online nothing i hope its true cause i want one.

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
yeah yeah i know but when your going to cut down one tree are you going to big one of them in. hahaha rethinking that i would

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Well Im sure Cat would hook a guy up with a bar-saw head insted of a hotsaw!:)
Anymore, I think chain saws are kinda of an Ahmish thing!!

I don't think so. This is a little tree I took down today for my mother-in-law.

Attachments

• DSC00312.jpg
    DSC00312.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,598
  • DSC00313.jpg
    DSC00313.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 2,614
Last edited:

bear

Occupation
bear, Nice job! Its not easy to take down a big split rotten in the middle treel like that.

Thank you tracksfan. I was worried to peices inside untill I got it down. My Mother in law and wife were scared but had to let them know I had the ability to bring it down. I know I can do it but until it's done all that goes through my pointy head are all the things that could go wrong. I joked with my buddy who was spotting for me that when I got it down I would have to go take a victory poo from the stress. On edit, you can't tell from the pics but the two top branches went right between the buildings below, 1 foot short of the mark I had scratched out.

Well Im sure Cat would hook a guy up with a bar-saw head insted of a hotsaw!:)
Anymore, I think chain saws are kinda of an Ahmish thing!!

Chainsaws are the only we can fall the old growth we have on the west coast any machine like the one pictured doesnt have the lift capacity for our bigger trees!!!However now that were starting to push trees over by the hundreds to make up for one old growth things are slowly starting to change.Congratulations to the hippies instead of cutting one tree we cut hundreds to make up for it instead.

dieseldave

I never saw a Cat chainsaw, but I have a Komatsu saw. It's a Zenoah/Komatsu Redmax G5000, one of the best 50cc saws made. Soon to be for sale, too;) - I have way too many saws and need to thin the herd some. Sorry for the blurry pic, but I wanted to show the Komatsu logo. Bear, what model Husky is that? Nice job on the tree, BTW:drinkup

Attachments

• redmax G5000 40001.JPG
    redmax G5000 40001.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,337
  • redmax G5000 20001.JPG
    redmax G5000 20001.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,778

bear

Occupation
deisel dave that is my 55 rancher. I bought it a few years ago and have ran the thing some weeks like a pro saw would be ran. I am geting more trees like the one in the pics more often that need cutting and i believe I'm gonna upgrade to a 372xp this fall and keep the 55 handy on the tractor/dozer or wherever it's needed. I also have an 029 Stihl and an old Lombard I only get out if I REALLY want to bug the neighbors. I may be turning that spot into a picnic table if my mother in law really wants to bug me. Those Redmax saws aren't bad a friend had one and it ran for a few years before it died. Of course the easiest way to kill a saw i have found is let someone borrow it.

bear

Occupation
The sad thing is next year small power equipment like chainsaws and weedeaters are going to have to be made with even stricter emissions rules. I'm gonna buy a new saw or three anyway this fall just to be safe. The last set of emissions rules they cam out with caused a bunch of good saws to be redesigned and a bunch of those are now crap. 55 like mine is a good saw now it's the 455 and they are bad for overheating and not starting when hot. Course most of that can be solved by taking the catalytic muffler off...

dieseldave

The sad thing is next year small power equipment like chainsaws and weedeaters are going to have to be made with even stricter emissions rules. I'm gonna buy a new saw or three anyway this fall just to be safe. The last set of emissions rules they cam out with caused a bunch of good saws to be redesigned and a bunch of those are now crap. 55 like mine is a good saw now it's the 455 and they are bad for overheating and not starting when hot. Course most of that can be solved by taking the catalytic muffler off...

Your 55 is a good saw, but a 372xp and a 346xp (black gas cap, not the GREEN one) will light up your life. Get 'em before the Global Alliance makes 'em illegal.:Banghead

I have 51 and a 257 Husky, 3000 and 4400 Echo, CST610EVL twin cylinder Echo, 2094 Jonsered, and a couple of 029's that are soon to head down the pike along with the Redmax.

Last edited: