• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 955L vs. International 175

cat951

Good evening,
I live in Italy and I only see caterpillar loaders , fiat-allis and some komatsu .
My neighbor bought an International 175, says it is a beast and that it is much much better than the 955L. I'm a Caterpillar fan, but I must say that the 175 has a nice engine sound.
I saw that the planetary gears, and the arms with z-bar linkage.
You know me a comparison of these items?
Ex. best engine, better transmission, steering system, driveability, hydraulic system, etc. ..
Opinions and technical information are very welcome.

thanks

caterpillarRy

Ill bite Generally speaking the cat has one major advantage and that's parts availability because unlike international/dresser cat is not defunct as dresser was bought out by komatsu and parts can be quite difficult to find.

Komatsu 150

We actually tried a 175 digging basements for three days before buying our 955L. It was a beast and very powerful. Biggest problem for us was much higher fuel use than 955L. Was a long time ago but I remember it operating fine with maybe a bit poorer visibility in the 175. Our mechanic at the time thought the 175 was harder to work on as belly pans were smaller. You will never do better than Cat as far as getting parts for old machines.