• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 933 series "C" track loader:

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I've acquired one of these to pull behind my 1951 Mack A-40 dump truck. It's not seen light of day in over 35 years I know of and has been setting in the rear of an open front building all this time. The pony, and main engines are both free, and all levers move freely. It is an early machine having no "reverser" and as far as I can tell is only missing a single track shoe, and the battery cover at the rear. Undercarriage has some wear, but I don't think it's bad enough to throw a track from a casual look. It has settled into the mud of the floor about an inch so no tellings there yet. The drive sprockets are spokes if that is any type of indication. I've found little information on the internet with these older units.

Where would the serial numbers be located at? I'm outside of Peoria, IL myself but the locale Caterpillar dealer is not very helpful with older equipment so need to research the history section of the company which is downtown Peoria. Never have owned or messed with a Caterpillar tracked machine in the past so a new experience for me.

Hoping to winch this one out of it's current residence this next week or two, but would like to acquire some type of literature to browse through to get me started.

Thanks,

Bluox

If it is indeed a 933C it may be a 11A machine .Look on the back of the fuel tank it should say traxcavator if its a 11A.
Good luck
Bob

Old Magnet

The 933C is basically built on the D2 with D311 engine.
s/n tag locations are left upper rear of the bevel gear/steering clutch case and the left rear of the engine.

1693TA

Occupation
IMG_3154.jpg

Thanks guys. It does say series C "traxcavator" across the back. The paint is original but not in the best condition. It is not bent up in either the sheet metal or weldments. Hope to winch it out this next week for further analysis but there is a lot of stuff in front needing moved first.

1693TA

Occupation
The 933C is basically built on the D2 with D311 engine.
s/n tag locations are left upper rear of the bevel gear/steering clutch case and the left rear of the engine.

Would you see these alphanumerics looking through the rear of the machine, or from the side? I see aluminum foil tags/stickers which are stamped with a dealer name up in Chicagoland on both the engine and frame near where it sounds as the numbers should be stamped. On the other side of the frame I see alphanumeric stampings into the frame which look original, but these are on the right side of the machine. I've not been able to see much as it's dark in there and only had a cell phone light.

Rusted

From the position of the loader arms I suspect you'll have trouble seeing the serial tag on the engine, and maybe the one on the rear of the machine as it's backed hard up against the shed. It looks as though it still has the original decals on the fuel tank which is pretty amazing.