• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

caterpillar 920 wheel loader power train problem

upali1980@r

I have a cat 920 wheel loader.I replaced clutch disc and i repaired.because of its power has lost suddenly. i found the reason.there was a broken spring in the pressure control valve.so i put a new one.the problem is loader has no much power. other thing is transmission oil color is getting dark and temperature reaching high.
can anyone give me a pressure setting catalog of a cat 920.
please i appreciate any help.
thank.

Per Eriksson

Seems like you aren't getting enough flow to the converter.
Which spring was broken in the control body?

Do you have an emailadress I can send a pdf to?

upali1980@r

thank u Per Eriksson. I got your mail and sent u D4E catalog.I'm connecting with this forum and I'll write the result.

upali1980@r

today i check pressures
pump 3.47kg/cm2(g/c minimum) 10.2kg/cm2(g/c max)
speed clutch primary setting 3.5 kg/cm2
direction clutch 1 kg/cm2 (g/c minimum) 7 kg/cm2(g/c max)
inlet to the torque convertor 2 kg/cm2 (selector lever in neutral ) 1 kg/cm2 ( selector lever in 1st forward)

what should i do.
please i need more help

upali1980@r

the oil pressure of speed clutch (g/c lever at max) is 10.4 kg/cm2.
I like to check lubrication relief valve.please can you tell me where it is the location.

upali1980@r

In the catalog that you have sent me page 2 of 8 shows it by number 8 called 'lubrication relief valve'
other thing why dose pressure of direction clutch go to 7 kg/cm2(g/c at max). it should be 3.5 kg/cm2.so i think there should be a problem in the pressure control valve.
please could you explain me.

Per Eriksson

No, direction clutch pressure shyould be 3,5 bar LESS than the speed clutch pressure so about 15bar at idle.

You either have very bad flow from the pump or a big leak in the controlvalve. since all pressures are too low.

upali1980@r

Dear my friend.
I did a little bit different experiment.Untitled.jpg I keep the engine rpm at about 1000 and close the tap step by step to increase the pressure .but I couldn't get the pressure to bar 5 even by closing the tap full.after that i removed the pump off and disassembled.