• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 430D Backhoe AC questions.

tompands

I just bought this Cat 430D. It's had a repaint and redecal done to it. It's only got 3000 hrs on it and it's a pretty tight machine. The AC wasn't working when I got it and neither was the emergency brake. Everything else is good. I found the AC problem...The condenser was rotted and leaking on the bottom corner. Bought a new condenser and installed it. I'd like to change the accumulator and orifice tube but cant find them. I called 3 local CAT dealers and they just said "LOOK UNDERNEATH". Anyone know where They would be? And I need to know the correct amount of freon for this hoe. I've heard everything from 2lbs to 3 1/2lbs. A big difference. The emergency brake caliper is shot from riding with it on. It wont even hold the pads , it's so worn out. Ordered a new caliper. Any help would be appreciated. Caterpillar says the 430D is not as popular as other models. But it does what I need it to do. It only weighs 16000 VS the Cat I ran at the county was 22000. They look alike to me and mine has a cab, so i don't understand the weight difference.

ahart

Here’s what I can offer, service info is quite vague on component location for the AC system so a parts diagram is what we’ve got to work with. As for capacity, I found 3.0lb in 2 different locations. The drier and accumulator are in the “GG” “KK” location. IMG_1953.pngIMG_1952.png