• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 320L Serial number 9kk no swing brake

BlumsFieldService22

hello all. i have a Caterpillar 320L Serial Number 9kk05261. everything on machine works as it should. machine swings left and right no problem but there is no swing brake. when you let go of the joy sticks with the boom and bucket up it will turn left or right on its own depending on how the machine is sitting. what should i be chasing? is there a swing brake solenoid on the swing motor, should i be looking into the control valve? any help or experience with this issue would be great thanks!!!!

Gary Layton

I have a 320CL...exact thing with ours when we first got it...a 2006. We thought there was an issue with the slew system. It was that switch to the right of the armrest area. It allows fine movements in tight quarters, I think. Once we toggled the switch the slew has been wonderful ever since. Simple fix...bet yours is the same.

This is what mine would do....