• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 304C CR Wiper motor

Danny L. Thomas

The wiper on my excavator barely moves and frequently stops. I took the assembly off of the windshield and discovered sometime in it's previous life, someone replaced the motor on the assembly. They motor's mounting ears did not match the gearbox assembly so they JB Welded the motor to the gearbox and southern engineered the wiring into the control module. The only info I can find on the assembly is Mitsuba. No model or anything else. The local Cat dealer wants $410.00 for a replacement assembly which is ridiculous IMO. I will stand on the track and move the wiper manually before paying that much for a 12v motor. Does anyone have any leads on where a guy can buy a replacement, new or rebuilt, motor for these excavators?