• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 215 parts crossover to Caterpillar 225blc excavator?

Mountainmover

Hi. I have a junked out 215 excavator. Lots of the machine has been robbed except for the valve body system, cab, joysticks, fuel tank, hydraulic tank, and steel lines....
the sheetmetal is gone. The boom. Undercarriage. Counterweight. Etc....

I also own a late model cat 225blc machine that is really nice. I plan to keep it.

I want to part out what’s left of the 215 and only keep what will crossovers to my 225. The cab and door look relatively the same. The foot pedals and stick. I’m not sure about the joystick controls.
The cat 215 joysticks have long handles and the 225 have short joysticks more close to the armrests. Something about these joysticks seem different between the two.

A friend of mine wants the joysticks off of my 215 parts machine for his as he can’t find any....
Mine, on the 215 machine appear to be in good shape.

Should I let my friend buy the ones off of the 215? If they are not needed as spares for my 225?

If so, what are used ones worth? They look to be heavy duty big steal multi port units with helm joints etc.....
I assume they don’t really wear out? But just need rebuilding when they leak?

This is the 215 info:
Cat 215
Serial: 96L1769
Made in Belgium.

Thanks so much!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If you take a close look at the base of the valve it may be possible to establish the origin as to the best of my information Rexwroth was a supplier of those parts.
Kind regards
Uffex