• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cater stick

LanceNE

Occupation
Land clearing/Fuels reduction
Have a 287C with under 2500 hours....right joystick came uncalibrated. Mechanic came out, ran diagnostics, recalibrated. Said if it happened again, probably a joystick going bad. Next day, was uncalibrated again. Anyone else have any experience like this? I do understand with all the smacking around, they would tend to go bad, just wanted to make sure before dumping $1000 into it, that it isn't something else.

DGODGR

I had the same problem with my A300. Less hours though. Fortunately Bobcat had an upgraded control (was coming with the newer units) and my dealer was able to get them installed under the power train warranty. Kudos to them as it was going to cost over $2k. Ask your dealer if there is an upgraded/replacement part.