• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat953 Crossbar Cap

eber

Working on my mountain, I broke this cap off that crossbar.
I have been afraid to move the machine. Do you think i could drive it easy to my home for repairs?
I was unable to find the Cap and not able to find a Cap part number in the parts manual.
Would anybody have any ideas on how to repair this? What are my options? Red arrow shows the cap i lost
see pics- thanksIMG_0038.JPG Picture1.png

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 8

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Just to get the correct Part Number. What's the machine Serial Number..?
TBH I wouldn't like to contemplate moving it unless you could at least get something temporary in place to hold the track frame to the equalizer bar.

dozr

Occupation
excaving
pulled one on 963 one time,for bolts on axel, looks like if dont come out ease you may be doing same thing.

eber

This is come great information, I will phone cat and see what they can get me.
Thank you very much!. I will get back with my results, this may take me a while to track down and do.

Nige

From your photos it is apparent that the spherical bearing on the track frame is broken. To replace that bearing using the procedure in the manual requires the track and track frame to be removed. In that state there ought to be plenty of access to the end of the E-Bar to extract the broken end cap bolts.

Edit: if the machine is not a favourable location to do that type of work, then maybe something of a temporary repair to get it from where it is to a safer location would be a plan.

Last edited:

eber

Might I trouble you for one more thing, my parts manual does not show that bearing, have you a part number for that too? thanks much

Nige

I'll send you a bunch of disassembly information and also the parts listing for that bearing and all the other bits & pieces around it.
TBH I think you are not going to know exactly what parts you need until you get the whole shooting match apart.