• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT287B engine compartment

Borys K

HI All ,

I am newbie to the forum and same newbie to CAT287B (2006) that I have bought in very much used and dirty condition.

There is a square "compartment" under the engine that is around 6 inches deep and full of dirt and I am struggling to understand how it can be washed/cleaned ? . I am attaching picture in here with the white arrow pointing to the area .

I see only flat metal from the bottom of machine and don’t see any "service openings" .

Appreciate if someone can help with such question.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8175.jpg
    IMG_8175.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15

Borys K

its on the engine side of the machine, so from cabin side its even harder to reach this "compartment"

Borys K

Screenshot 2022-08-04 155838.jpg Thx Heymccall,
so, mine is ZSA (sorry , forgot to mention it) . And yes I have 4-14-16 cover and the "compartment" I am talking about is a bit deeper ( if to look from the engine side.
I am attaching your print with my draw ( in blue)
... then , of course , mine machine is missing 6-10-18 cover but plenty of dirt up to the cabin floor :(

Borys K

here , I was able to clean a bit with my hand (hate it) and made couple pics of that compartment. So, far can not believe that it might not have a designed cover and access to it. IMG_8236.JPG IMG_8233.JPG