• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat track loaders with backhoe

hiluxman

has anyone here seen a cat track loader with a backhoe other then a 931/D3 size one like a 941 943 955 977 etc i remember seeing a larger one with a backhoe but it may not have been a cat whould be a good machine in some cases

PhilDirt

I have a photo of a 955L with a backhoe on it somewhere. IIRC, the machine was military and in Australia.

blademan150

Occupation
Retired Local 150 Operating Engineer
A company in Chicago had a 955 with a Drott 4in1 on the front and a hoe on the back in the 70's and 80's. Hoe could be dropped off pretty quick, was OK for what it was but not a high production machine.

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
I was in the Navy Seabee's and back in the 80's and 90's we had a Cat 977 with a backhoe attachment, and a 4 in 1 bucket.

cat cruiser

Our 951c is set up with a jcb 3c back actor. it has extendahoe and 3cx quick hitch. only a machine for around the farm, would not do any contract jobs with it.. much more stable than rubber tyred digger.. but slow to climb hills as over 14ton and only 95 hp. fuel tank moved to the side and swing round seat, so easy to set up and position. i will try to post some photos.

PhilDirt

I've been looking and can't find the photo. I got it from OzDozer who posts at antiquecaterpillar.org , perhaps you could ask there.