• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat Quad nine push cat picture request.

Wyoming

Occupation
Retired
I ran one of these years ago, it had a joystick for steering from front or rear tractor. If anyone has a picture of one of these I would sure like to see it. I am putting together pics of all the equipment I ran for my grandchildren.

Wyoming

Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the information diggerop and 95zIV . The one I ran for western contracting in 1967 it had controls (wobble sticks) on both tractors, maybe for ripping but it had no ripper just a narrow push dozer?.

The seats were offset like the one picture in the link 95zIV supplied, maybe that was it with rippers on it. I did a forum search before posting but didn't find the link you supplied.

cat 385

alright looks like i got what i asked for, i have seen a tandem working in person but that side by side that is cool,that is great to hear from somebody that has ran them i saw gibbons and reed using one years ago.

Wyoming

Occupation
Retired
alright looks like i got what i asked for, i have seen a tandem working in person but that side by side that is cool,that is great to hear from somebody that has ran them i saw gibbons and reed using one years ago.

Just a bit of info for you. I ran both a single 9g push cat and a quad 9g pusher and the quad was a much better ride! The quad power was unreal.

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
Thems is Nice Pictures you never see stuff like that over here now thanks for showing them

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Here is a fully restored DD9H owned by a Kiewit manager that is on display in Brooks, Oregon. I have seen Scarcella's G models before, but this was the closest I ever got to one. Pretty impresive tractor.

Attachments

• 0741.jpg
    0741.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 2,411

bigshow

Thanks for the pic of The restored quad, I have heard of it but never seen it. I heard it is normally in the guys as a yard ornament. Thanks again.....very nice.

buckfever

Why in the one picture are there 2 quad 9's pushing one pan? I would think that is WAY more power than the belly of that pan could handel.

heavylift

Why in the one picture are there 2 quad 9's pushing one pan? I would think that is WAY more power than the belly of that pan could handel.

Only I could think of is a GREAT photo, like you said appears to be alot of push power

JDOFMEMI

I have seen many times here in SoCal where there would be 3 D-9L's pushing 651's. Not much difference in power or weight from 2 quad 9's

It will really pack the dirt in. Just don't do it in the rock, unless you want to be replacing floors often.

vapor300

Yeah we double push are 51's with 2 10R's all the time!

How many yards was this machine rated at with the big blade on it