• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat prv 350l calibration....

r20d12

Occupation
heavy equipment field tech since July 1990
Sooo it was all related to the ground for prv solenoid. The wiring all goes though the pump switch for auto and manual. Someone had ground wires reversed and one had a bad connection. I checked ground at prv somewhere In process it read under 10 ohms but it had a weak connection. Weird part was the display for prv value was dropping to zero like it was seeing low rpm. As soon as I swapped the two grounds on switch and fixed the bad connection the little red lights on monitor went out and prv started working right. Wish I had more time to dig into why and how it worked but had another machine to tend to. Thanks for the help was getting ready to throw parts at it.... Glad I asked on here. I've had some really tricky ground issues lately had one I posted on here about on a 3056e. Took three years dam thing ohmed out fine but when cranking shot over 100 ohms I thought it was a voltage issue because boosting power helped. Thanks again love the ideas and even the ones that seem off base I'll be doing something else and be like that's what they meant.
That is great that its fixed!
The hardest ones are those that someone else "fixed" before you got there.

Hai

Okay I'm at machine now if I check prv in data more it shows p17 as soon as a function is pulled witch equals no power shift pressure I'm plugging a gauge in now to teat accuracy. If you go into service mode you can change calibrations and it will work untill you log out of service mode. Also going to try the prv sweep test in few minutes
Hi sir may I know how to accessing into service mode?