• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat or komatsu

terratrac300

Ok so the boss is thinking about a new dozer, we demo`d a d51 kom. funny looking machine, but nice, so I askd about a cat,our dealer won`t let us demo a dozer, that is one down fall so i`m posting it here, what are you guys opinions on the two, it would be the d51 vs a d6k . We have heard that cats undercarriage isn`t holding up as well as planned, The plug and play set up for GPS on the cat is a plus, komatsu hasn`t got that yet so it is an add on... So let me know ...oh yeah as much as I lke deere , that isn`t even an option :(

alco

If your Cat dealer won't let you demo a machine, that should make the decision for you right there. I'm no Komatsu dozer fan, but I'd go that way just to avoid a dealer that refuses to work with you. Of course, I'd go for a Deere anyhow, but..........

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
sounds like your local Cat dealer needs to be taken to the wood shed and taught about customer relations. That is unheard of around here.

Lee-online

The Cat dealer should demo one as long as they have one and if not they can easily get one. Sometime they will rent one to you and if you buy, the rental fees are removed. This is to stop people from demoing just to get a job done with no intension's of purchasing it.

As for the cat undercarriage, the early system one undercarriage had a few problems but now those have been resolved.

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
Komatsu does 2 have the GPS it's called Komtrax...........look in 2 it.....:usa:drinkup

sorry but komtrax has nothing to do with gps machine control it is just a tool to watch your machine and manage it from home or from the dealer

terratrac300

is ok grunk, out kom. 470 loader has the komtrax on it so I knew what it was when ya` said it. an I agree about he cat dealer, we have purchased two MTL`s from them so you would think they`d want to keep our business

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Komatsu does 2 have the GPS it's called Komtrax...........look in 2 it.....:usa:drinkup

It's free too for so long.Cat's you pay from the purchase.One thing have the smaller Komatsus have GPS now?

Last edited: