• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat next gen 308 code 3701-15

Gradechecker

How can I get this machine to do a parked regen? It will not on its own and the hydraulic functions are limited

Attachments

• C04A1361-5D8A-422E-9507-1201502F2451.jpeg
    C04A1361-5D8A-422E-9507-1201502F2451.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 17

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Have you tried this.?
"If increasing the engine speed is not acceptable, the operator can allow a parked regeneration. In order for a parked regeneration to occur. Bring the machine to a stop. Move the hydraulic lockout control lever to the LOCKED position and set the engine speed to low idle. Do not operate the hydraulic controls. If those conditions are met for approximately 2 minutes, the ECM will slowly increase the engine speed and an active regeneration will begin. After completing the active regeneration, the engine speed will slowly decrease back down to low idle."

Gradechecker

Thanks operator got that to work
Have you tried this.?
"If increasing the engine speed is not acceptable, the operator can allow a parked regeneration. In order for a parked regeneration to occur. Bring the machine to a stop. Move the hydraulic lockout control lever to the LOCKED position and set the engine speed to low idle. Do not operate the hydraulic controls. If those conditions are met for approximately 2 minutes, the ECM will slowly increase the engine speed and an active regeneration will begin. After completing the active regeneration, the engine speed will slowly decrease back down to low idle."

Gradechecker

Gotcha. The quote I posted above was lifted straight from the O&M.
I know it’s in their thank you very much, seems like the problem at my company is everyone is just relying on the auto idle feature and leave the throttle all the way up. Once they turned the knob down and lifted the arm it Initiated the regen feature. nige you’re one awesome guy I’ve read your helpful replys time after time and can only say one thing, thank you for your time and knowledge !!!