• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat Loader 928G foot pedal

jimmycat

No,I have no history of machine.Cant believe this cat part is so elusive.Itwas brought to my electronic repioar shop to try and repair.So far ..not much luck

jimmycat

I have discovered this pedal was not supplied by Caldaro as first thought.
The marking label says “RMH Controls AB” and this manufacturer was long ago acquired by Morse Controls which today is Kongsberg Automotive Power Product Systems Ltd. They are located in Basildon, UK.
interesting..have tried to contact those folk.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
This might be a real long shot but have you looked at Parker at all they have supplyed us with systems a little simlar to that and they are made in the UK and they told me they supply to CAT so yeah not sure mate.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Jimmy, That throttle pedal seems to do a lot more than the electronic ones I'm used to. They usually have only 3 wires (power, ground, & signal) from the pedal position sensor.
You said earlier that the pedal was brought into your shop for repair. I assume the machine is nowhere near you, correct..?

Next question, and I apologize for not asking it earlier. Need the wire colours and numbers of the 7 wires that are installed in the mating male connector in the machine harness that connects to the throttle pedal. Every wire in a Cat harness is identified with a colour and a number. The number will be printed on to the surface of the wire insulation every couple of inches along its length. There is a "wiring protocol" in Cat's harness design so a 565 Pink wire (for example) will always be used for the same thing no doesn't matter what machine it's used on. If we can find out what are the wire colours and numbers in the machine harness it may give some idea of what function each wire serves.

I've been busy all week with a payload study otherwise I'd have been into it a bit earlier. Let me try to get hold of the machine arrangement for that particular Serial Number of 928G and see if it was built with any sort of whacky left-field attachments installed on it. We may be looking at a "Cat Custom Shop-built" machine here. According to the engine Serial Number that was built in Belgium in May 1999 so I think your comment about it being a European-built machine is correct, most likely at Cat's Gosselies plant. I didn't think that made any difference to electronic components like sensors though, maybe I was wrong in that.

A comment about the pedal illustration that KSH posted above that fits 928H. I went into the 928H electrical schematic and it still only shows a 3-pin connector from the throttle pedal position sensor, exactly the same right down to the wire numbers and colours (see comment above) as the later versions of the 928G.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Right - I got hold of the machine arrangement. It was built on 21/06/99 in Cat's Gosselies Plant in Belgium and was intended for the German market. Unfortunately there were no Custom attachments on it so that means the original control system for the fuel pump govenor was by cable from the throttle pedal. That is the reason why the Cat dealer can't find details of the pedal, it's not original. Someone somewhere down the line has installed that pedal and some sort of electronic system on the engine to replace the cable with an electronic throttle control. Added to that the electronic pedal assembly that has been used in the modification is not one used by Cat. The engine Serial Number is the one with which it left the factory so it has also been modified somehow.

As the machine has found its way to Canada the only hope I can hold out is that there was a previous owner also in Canada who could be contacted and asked how the modification was done. However with the throttle pedal being made in Europe I suspect the mod was done before the machine came to Canada and tracing who did it and hoe they did it could be awfully difficult.

jimmycat

That is what it looks like ...I am awaiting info from a company in Texas who may know something about this unit..pedal,that is.

jimmycat

pedal update

It seems like this unit was built in Holland and they still have an old one in stock.With luck ,maybe we will be able to get ours working
This address of contact and company in Holland.
Richard Weijers.

RSH Hillegom B.V.

Afd. Kabels

Mail: kabels@rsh.eu

Tel: (+31) 252 52 12 50

Fax: (+31) 252 52 39 83

Web: www.rsh.eu