• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat G model dozers steering system compared too Deere?

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
There is several posts on Deere dozers steering system not tracking straight,but haven't noticed many on Cats G model small hydrsat machine dozer not tracking straight.

What is the difference in the two's system? Deere bad sensors and so forth.

I'm looking to buy small dozer for backfilling trenchs.Leaning too Cat because of good support for my area.Also because of post of Deere tracking straight problems.

Any info from Deere or Cat G model guys would be welcome.I'm an owner of D6H,D6R,and recent D6N.Just not that uptoo date on hydsat machines.Thanks:usa

cutting edge

In 10 or so years of working on Deere equipment,I've done 2 or 3 speed sensors and 1 pump PCP.....maybe 2 dozen recalibrations,for what that's worth.

Its never been a big issue as far as Im concerned. The system is pretty solid.

inyati13

Occupation
Farming
I have a D3G 2005 LGP. I like the hydrostatic system. It tracks straight. It is easy to operate and is ideal for grade work and backfilling. The hydrostatic system allows one to quickly change direction and speed control is controled by two buttons on the direction joystick that are operated by a press of the thumb of the left hand. One button takes speed up the other brings it down. The default setting is that reverse is 1 1/2 times forward speed but that can be adjusted by a Cat technician.

Last edited: