• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat excavator problem

Wayne Duff

Catterpillar E120 B excavator (Mitsubishi) slew is very slow unless I introduce a nother function at the same time then it picks up to normal speed also left hand track has no power unless you are using the right track at the same time can anyone give me some much needed guidance on this topic
Regards wayne

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Usually travel issues point to the swivel joint, but the fact your symptoms started suddenly as opposed to a gradual decline in performance means probably not, but a worn swivel might not be helping things. I'm not sure if these excavators have a resolver network in the main control valve, if they do the fact you have to operate another function to make the slow one work at full speed is usually indicative of a stuck valve in the resolver network. What we need now is someone who has access to a hydraulic schematic for the machine.

Wayne Duff

Usually travel issues point to the swivel joint, but the fact your symptoms started suddenly as opposed to a gradual decline in performance means probably not, but a worn swivel might not be helping things. I'm not sure if these excavators have a resolver network in the main control valve, if they do the fact you have to operate another function to make the slow one work at full speed is usually indicative of a stuck valve in the resolver network. What we need now is someone who has access to a hydraulic schematic for the machine.

Thanks nige I will chase up a workshop manual that has a schematic of hydrolics
Regards wayne