• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Billy Doug

Hello,
Does anyone have a manual of the caterpillar excavator 312 hydraulic hose system? I have a 1997 model and recently just cleaned out all my hydraulic lines. I had marked everything properly, but the markings on 4 of the hoses wore off from the oil. After hooking everything back up, my machine doesn't want to move. If anyone has a manual or some insight it would be greatly appreciated. I especially need the diagram for the pump/valves behind the boom? Or maybe its the manual for the hydraulic attachments? I'm not sure exactly what that area is called. Thank you, Doug

Billy Doug

Hello, thank you for your help. The serial number is 7DK02070. The hoses i need help with- Starting from the pump side, I need help with the number 3 hose and the next 6 hoses please. I will post 2 pics in a separate thread/comment because it’s taking very long to upload. Thank you again

Billy Doug

Need a Serial Number and a clearer idea of exactly which hoses you're interested in. Post a photo of the area on the machine if it helps.

Attachments

• 1DA474CD-86A4-44C7-A2D7-D9F89E4EF81C.jpeg
    1DA474CD-86A4-44C7-A2D7-D9F89E4EF81C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • BF46F34B-48DE-4D72-8575-F7D17ADF20CD.jpeg
    BF46F34B-48DE-4D72-8575-F7D17ADF20CD.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 24

Billy Doug

Thank you, it’s an after market caterpillar so it’s a Japanese machine. Would you happen to have a diagram/picture of the bottom of the control valve, where the hoses come out of the bottom of the valve? I’m underneath my machine and looking up right now. Thank you again

Billy Doug

I has no idea where that serial number came from. Can't match it anywhere.
This is from a 2NS 312B, circa 1996.View attachment 246788[/
New
Thank you, it’s an after market caterpillar so it’s a Japanese machine. Would you happen to have a diagram/picture of the bottom of the control valve, where the hoses come out of the bottom of the valve? I’m underneath my machine and looking up right now. Thank you again

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The OP's 312 is one of the few models that was only ever built for the Japanese market and that has no equivalent model outside Japan. That did not come until the B Series excavators.

Best advice I can give you for the long-term is to get hold of a Parts Manual, because if you go into a Cat dealer for parts and quote the machine Serial Number to them all you will get is a blank look. Parts Manual are available online for download from Cat for $115.
Go to - https://catpublications.com/
When the popup appears click on "Continue as Guest"
Type XJBP7177 into the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear. This is a Parts Manual suitable for all machines up to Serial Number 7DK03000. NOTE: The parts descriptions are in Japanese but the illustrations will be good and the Part Numbers will be in a normal number format, for example 6X-8150, or 114-2389. At least with that information you'll be able to order what you need.

upload_2021-10-13_9-37-57.png

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
We also do have a 312 7dk here. And its very closely related with 6gk model. wiring diagrams and all the other manuals which are used to 6gk model can be used with 7dk as well.
The mention of 6GK led me to search back on HEF. We have been here before. The 6GK is somewhat of an equivalent to the 7DK, the problem being that there is a Serial Number break in 6GK production at 6GK00392. So the $64k question is do you go for an imaginary S/N above or below 6GK00392 when looking for parts for a 7DK.?

I may have the answer to that as well. There is a Serial Number break in the 7DK range at 7DK02999, and from the documents I can see it appears as though any machine Serial Number below 7DK02999 corresponds to the Serial Number range from 6GK00001 up to 6GK00392, and a machine number from 7DK03000-Up corresponds to the Serial Number range 6GK00393-Up.

IMHO if I had a 7DK machine I would not depend on that commonality though. There is a Parts Manual specifically printed to suit 7DK and I think I'd want one if the machine was mine.

anuradha

The mention of 6GK led me to search back on HEF. We have been here before. The 6GK is somewhat of an equivalent to the 7DK, the problem being that there is a Serial Number break in 6GK production at 6GK00392. So the $64k question is do you go for an imaginary S/N above or below 6GK00392 when looking for parts for a 7DK.?

I may have the answer to that as well. There is a Serial Number break in the 7DK range at 7DK02999, and from the documents I can see it appears as though any machine Serial Number below 7DK02999 corresponds to the Serial Number range from 6GK00001 up to 6GK00392, and a machine number from 7DK03000-Up corresponds to the Serial Number range 6GK00393-Up.

IMHO if I had a 7DK machine I would not depend on that commonality though. There is a Parts Manual specifically printed to suit 7DK and I think I'd want one if the machine was mine.

Thank you sir for correcting me on this issue. And this information will be very much useful to me as well. I really appreciate your knowledge on these machines.

Billy Doug

Thank you all for your help! It is greatly appreciated! I guess I will have to download the manual suggested and starting learning Japanese real quick! haha