• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat ET on Ebay / Amazon, etc

Strum

My other thread about calibrating the joystick on my 906m now has me searching for a way to get that procedure done. If I can't find anyone locally that is willing to do it, would it be an option for me to purchase ET and an adapter? Amazon has what looks like a complete setup Here for $369. I know it costs way more than that from Cat. Has anyone ever tried ET from a 3rd party?

ahart

You may very well be able to buy the hardware for that price but I don’t think you’ll get access to the software for those dollars.

Strum

The Amazon listing claims to include a DVD with the ET software. Here's another example on Ebay.

Tyler d4c

Get a genuine cat com adaptor and then (this is what I did/use) is the 20 dollar down load from ebay from the Nigerian prince or similar and follow the instructions to make it work. Your mileage may very

Strum

Get a genuine cat com adaptor and then (this is what I did/use) is the 20 dollar down load from ebay from the Nigerian prince or similar and follow the instructions to make it work. Your mileage may very
Yes, that's what I was thinking. Is the software fairly intuitive for someone who is fairly technology literate? What are the chances that I would be able to follow the calibration procedure that needs done without doing more harm than good?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
s the software fairly intuitive for someone who is fairly technology literate? What are the chances that I would be able to follow the calibration procedure that needs done without doing more harm than good?
I would say so. One good thing about calibrations is that the one that is in the ECM memory when you start will not be overwritten by a newer version of said calibration UNLESS it is a successful calibration. So you can't screw anything up with a failed calibration, pretty much......

The calibration screen starts off almost completely greyed out with only the first instruction at the top visible. It might be "apply the parking brake and press "Next/OK". You do that and the next line of the instructions appears, etc, etc. Basically you just get into the calibration menu, select the component/sensor or solenoid valve that you would like to calibrate, and click either "Next" or "OK" depending on how the software is written for the model in question, and follow the instructions.

See attached.

Attachments

• Calibrations.pdf
    446.6 KB · Views: 5

Strum

Nige, I think you just made my mind up; I'm going to give it a try.

ahart

I’m very skeptical of a $20 cat ET software. I wonder how they can possibly be doing that?

Strum

Would you mind sharing which Nigerian prince you got it from? I noticed some people claiming to have gotten viruses.