• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat E70b

Bryan Herrigstad

Hi have a older E70B
Can’t get it to idle down with either the power selector switch or the power lever. Have power at all the different terminals on the selector switch. Any ideas?
Thanks
Bryan

JerryUpNorth

Do you get any LED error codes on the controller to the left/rear of the seat??? I have a pdf somewhere what the different codes are supposed to mean.

Does it idle down manually OK when you turn the controller off [ controller bypass switch mounted on controller ]??? That should let it operate normally unless you have a cable problem. Cables on mine are operated from a box mounted in the compartment just behind the cab, where the air cleaner and radiator screens are located. You could pop that open and check the cable going to the injection pump. Mine has a controller problem, and I just operate it in the off/bypass mode. Idles down, but never back up. Gonna tackle getting the controller to operate if I ever get time. I just rev it up and run it at high idle, do not really need the auto idle down as much as I use mine.

I believe there are two cables on the manual throttle lever. One I think goes from there to the motor to shut the fuel off when the lever is moved all the way forward. And the other cable goes from there to the above mentioned cable controller in the radiator/air cleaner compartment. That is what I would pop open first, all the cables congregate there.

Last edited: