• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT E70B hydraulic problem

jim weaver

I've seen threads like this one while browsing, but I have some additional questions.
my E70 is dead on one side (hydraulics, right track, bucket and boom). I have switched the pump output lines and the problem moves to the other functions, so I have a bad pump, right?
here's what I'm having trouble understanding...there's only one pump in this machine. an uchida a10vd43 has a single rotary group, and since some functions are strong, how can that pump be bad?
thanks,
jim

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Is it a E70 or a E70B? My E70 has two pumps. One attached behind the other.
hugs, Brandi

dcomp

I had the same exact problem and same pump on a cat 307ssr grey market it is a dual pump with 2 rotating assemblies internally. Mine had a broken ring that holds the Pistons in place and let all the piston heads wear. I've had a terrible time trying to find anyone to fix it reasonable

jim weaver

this is an E70B. there are 3 stacked pumps, the hydrostatic pump, the pilot pump and the blade pump. exploded views of the hydro pump show a single rotating group, and the parts list for the pump indicate the same single rotating group.

there are 2 outputs from the hydro pump, but I cant find an exploded view of the entire pump to see how the flow is split.

brandi? are you saying that your machine has 2 separate hydro pumps? or that your pump has 2 rotating groups internally?

dcomp? do you know the model # of your hydro pump? everything I see on the net lists the same uchida a10vd43 for the 307.

thanks,
jim

bindian

Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
this is an E70B. there are 3 stacked pumps, the hydrostatic pump, the pilot pump and the blade pump. exploded views of the hydro pump show a single rotating group, and the parts list for the pump indicate the same single rotating group.

there are 2 outputs from the hydro pump, but I cant find an exploded view of the entire pump to see how the flow is split.

brandi? are you saying that your machine has 2 separate hydro pumps? or that your pump has 2 rotating groups internally?

dcomp? do you know the model # of your hydro pump? everything I see on the net lists the same uchida a10vd43 for the 307.

thanks,
jim
Jim,
I have two pumps connected back to back. Not sure if they are on a common shaft or some time of coupling inside.
hugs, Brandi

jim weaver

ok, thanks brandi. that's a different setup than mine.
I have a single hydro pump on the back of the engine, and then the pilot pump stacked to that.
what I need to figure out is, whether or not that drawing is correct and there is only a single pump inside of that housing or if there are indeed 2. if there is only a single pump, then the flow must be split to the 2 outputs. one output is dead, the other seems to have sufficient flow and pressure to operate its' half of the machine.
I'm hoping to get a definitive answer to that question before I pull the pump.
jim

lantraxco

Dunno from the E70, but typically the Japanese pumps with two outputs from a single rotating group the flow is split at the barrel and valve plate, they're ported to flow every other piston to each outlet basically.

Nachi.gif

jim weaver

thanks lantraxco, that would make sense, except that there are 9 pistons.
there look to be 3 or 4 outlets on the valve plate, maybe they split all piston outputs inline?
jim

jim weaver

ahhhh, thanks for that! what sight is that from? that also shows 2 rows of ports on the valve plate.
looks like maybe valve plate scoring is a possibility now.
any good parts sources for these pumps?
thanks,
jim

dcomp

There are 2 rotating assemblies on the shaft facing opposite each other sharing the swash plate. The broke ring and piston wear I was telling you about. Where I ordered my parts from. Other life problems has brought my project to a halt so I can't vouch for the quality of the parts other than looks good
20170406_114155.jpg20170406_114350.jpg20170406_114307.jpg 20170406_113947.jpg

jim weaver

wow, thanks for those pics.
so that blows all of my previous assumptions out of the water.
did you order from a u.s. dealer or directly from handok?
thanks,
jim

jim weaver

thanks for all of this dcomp. you have provided the definitive answers to my questions.
all I need now is to tear it down and get some parts coming.
so did you order from a u.s. dealer or handok directly?
jim

dcomp

I ordered from them from Korea. You can find the parts here but it seems like Noone really wants to deal with the grey market machine and prices accordingly. I can't remember the website I found them on its been awhile since I've studied this stuff. I also found a manual it's for a kobelco but it has the same pump. I'll study on how to send it to you. It is on my phone at the moment

jim weaver

thanks for everything dcomp. too bad we're not closer or I'd come help you reassemble that machine.
lantraxco, thanks for your help too. although it wasn't applicable to my current situation, I learned about the pumps that split their output via the valve plate. might come in handy on another project.

http://www.hydraulic.co.kr/ that websitelooks like it's gonna be a bear to navigate, and I'm not looking forward to ordering from korea too. anyone have any u.s. sources?

jim