• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat E120b 7nf----

tamoo

Occupation
dirt excavation
I have a cat E120b s/n 7nf wondering where to tap into install aux hyd. for hammer, found plug for return.
should I hookup directly to one of the pumps?

lantraxco

As a guess I would say no. Look in the valve stack and see if there's an extra spool section with capped ports, if not you may have to buy an aux valve kit, maybe from a machine that's being dismantled. This is not something to do on a guess and go basis, especially I think on the CAT excavators.

bigswede

There should be an extra valve in the main valve body. I understand that those machines always came with the extra valve installed. I have a 7nf E120B as well that I plumbed using an electric solenoid to activate. I Was able to get good advice from the hyd tech at my dealer, which helped a lot
The fittings are British metric (?) on the valve body so I ordered adapters to go to JIC which makes it much easier to replace hoses later, if you have a wreck

Smokey51

hello Tamoo, I just bought an e70b cat it has hammer hyd. already installed but I want to change to thumb 2/way can you use some parts.

Smokey51

Does your machine have a grade blade ? im taking out hammer foot pedle on floor can you use it?