• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6D

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
For starters this is kind of an odd situation. A operator friend of mine is trying to finish up a terrace job because the owner/operator of the dozer got in a bad traffic accident and is currently in the hospital. That being said I don't currently have serial number for the dozer. I guess the dozer runs fine other than it has no second gear. First and third gear seem fine but when he shifts into second there is nothing there. No abnormal noise. Is there something simple that could be causing this? If it is likely to be something deep into the transmission then the original owner can deal with it when he gets out of the hospital. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Yes, 2nd gear missing in forward and reverse. Thanks Nige, I will pass this information on. I think they were hoping it was some sort of a shift linkage problem but since 1st and 3rd were working properly I thought it probably wasn't a linkage problem but I'm not very familiar with this particular machine. Thanks again.