• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6b over heating

Sam1734

It looks like a baffle inside the top of the radiator and unable to see anything but the flat plate inside. Filler neck is made into the top of the radiator top.

Sam1734

Ok, I just got the new PRV and immediately I noticed that the spring is much stronger than the old part, and the new part has a seal for when it closes off. The old part did not have a seal period, So I assume this is a contributor to the leaking through the overflow. Going to run it without the radiator cap this weekend after I install the new part.

tctractors

Why would you run the engine without the Cap in place? your water will be on the floor in a few moments, if its a big screw on cap it needs to be fitted and screwed down firm, the coolant level needs to be correct, your new prv will take care of things, if the main cap is not tight water will pour out fast with the engine running. tctractors