• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6 9U Specs ?

kbeen

Hello Guys, I am working on an old Cat D6 serial # 9U for a friend and am in need of the engine low idle and high idle specs. hoping someone out there may have them.

kbeen

Old Magnet thank you. my serial is 9U23289. I do appreciate it very much.

JasonISmith1973

Hi folks,
I am in the process of trying to set up rippers on an old D6 9U. The Dozer came with a hydraulic pump that goes in the back. I am trying to work out whether the pump will work. I am needing to know the RPM of the rear drive? Is it the same as the motor RPM?
Thanks

Old Magnet

At 11 gal/min that's not a lot of pump but sounds about right for controlling ripper movement. What pressure are you running? Also should be a fair size cylinder or the ripper load can over drive the relief valve setting.

kbeen

Hello Old Magnet. does your service manual tell you how to gauge the oil level on the front mounted hydraulic tanks? i beleive the parts books says capacites is 7 gallon.

Old Magnet

If that's a #46 hydraulic control unit the level should be to the top of the strainer in the filler tube...or at least within sight in the screen. Check level at idle speed.

kbeen

Its a # 44 hydraulic control. but what you are saying I would think would apply to this model as well. thanks again.

JasonISmith1973

I have just measured the ripper ram. It's bore is about 17 1/4 inches long and about 6 1/2 inches outside diameter. When I pulled it apart it had two opposing rubber buckets with two white neoprene spacers between them. I'm not sure what pressure the pump is running. I'll find out what pressure it is running. Hoping to hook it all up next weekend so I'll keep you posted.