• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat d5n problem doesnt make sense

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
loaned it out to a company we do a lot of work for ..call came in broke a hydraulic hose they fixed it washed machine off now it will not start blows fuse...
I go check machine find a short to ground.. wire 308 from key switch to ecm replace wire outside harness for a quick fix till I can tear machine apart and replace the harness ...Now I got another problem that must have happened at same time ...no lights on dash panel and machine will not move so I check fuses power to 1 - 10 ..no power 11 -20 hmmmmmmm what powers this I call cat find relay behind fuse panel power one side no power other side ..ordered part …
My question or wondering wtf happened to cause engine cranking and powertrain problem at the same time ?
Broken wire is under floor near dash ...ive looked at wiring diagram cant see were 308 in harness is near power to relay in fuse panel ..am I missing something
Or am I over thinking problem ? AGG0655 is machine serial number