• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat d5k2 ac problem

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Hi guys i got a tough one ....ac wasnt cooling found the low pressure line at compressor had come apart inside and had a lot of holes in it replaced and still has a leak ....will not hold a vacuum ...but if i pressurized system with 100psi shop air it will hold it all day ??????????reason i use shop air i can soak lines down with soapy water and look for leaks yall all know how they run these crazy lines everywhere ..that being said i pull the orface tube and it was full of inside of hose ..changed it out and pulled a vacuum and drops in 20secs ...can the compressor be the leak ...under vacuum but not in pressure ? vin is kyy01638 in think thats right

swampman

You need to change filter/dryer and flush all lines, evap core, etc, before even thinking about charging the system again. I'll bet you my paycheck you have a blockage somewhere.

JD955SC

You need to change filter/dryer and flush all lines, evap core, etc, before even thinking about charging the system again. I'll bet you my paycheck you have a blockage somewhere.

that condenser is definitely clogged with debris that large

ianjoub

Must flush the entire system. When reassembling, use new o-rings and gaskets everywhere. Change the orifice tube and receiver/drier or accumulator. Clean the outside of the condenser and evaporator coil as well as the inside flush. Once all that is done you can check to see if it holds vacuum.

Check with a vendor on the condenser. If it is a parallel flow, there is no flushing it, it must be replaced.