• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT D4H WON'T MOVE

john chamorro

Yes I agree, If having the manual for the machine saves an hour or two of down time it has paid for itself. And if it eliminates just one service call from dealer it is almost as good as winning the lottery!

If it was only 100 bucks instead of 400 bucks for a BTS manual I would be all over it!! Like I said above. "ain't my tractor"

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I understand your position 100% regarding a manual in your specific circumstances when you don't own the machine.
A thought. If you have $400 that you can spare temporarily why not buy one then re-sell it later.? It's not as if it's going to go down in price and there are loads of that model kicking around so there ought to be quite a few potential buyers.

john chamorro

Yep I had thought of that. Unfortunately for us we have thousands of bucks worth of fire damage. My buddy was trying to do me a favor by letting me have the 4 for as long as I need it. It's turning into more trouble, time and $$ than I wanted to spend right now. I'm not complaining, it's just a fact.
I took it for a little test and the f'ing brakes won't release again! It's going to be a flower pot until I can get a field guy out here that KNOWS what he's doing.
It's irritating as hell. I've had my old 8H down to damn near a bare frame as well as my 5b apart from radiator to fuel cap. This 4H is a different animal.

purdyb82

Yep I had thought of that. Unfortunately for us we have thousands of bucks worth of fire damage. My buddy was trying to do me a favor by letting me have the 4 for as long as I need it. It's turning into more trouble, time and $$ than I wanted to spend right now. I'm not complaining, it's just a fact.
I took it for a little test and the f'ing brakes won't release again! It's going to be a flower pot until I can get a field guy out here that KNOWS what he's doing.
It's irritating as hell. I've had my old 8H down to damn near a bare frame as well as my 5b apart from radiator to fuel cap. This 4H is a different animal.[/QUOTE

Last edited:

purdyb82

Check the foot brake next to the decelerator and make sure it isn't sticking. If its a open cab machine it could be rusty from dry shafts. Happen to me.