• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D3B Dozer hyd lines

Benco

Occupation
Owner/Operator
I have a 87 Cat D3 Dozer that I took the hyd lines off for the blade to replace them. Now I don't remember how they go back on.and I don't have the old metal lines so I can't trace them. If anyone has the diagram for the hyd lines that tilt angle and lift the blade it would be greatly appreciated

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Any chance of a full S/N ? Might be able to find something on SIS with more info.

Also maybe a couple pictures of the area the hoses come from and go to?

AllDodge

Looks like my D3 is same vintage as yours. I just replaced all the lines not long ago. Took some pics to help me get it back together but think I deleted them. My manual shows basic connections but no pics.

Its raining here, so when it stops I can gab the 9/16 and remove some covers to take pics

Benco

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Looks like my D3 is same vintage as yours. I just replaced all the lines not long ago. Took some pics to help me get it back together but think I deleted them. My manual shows basic connections but no pics.

Its raining here, so when it stops I can gab the 9/16 and remove some covers to take pics

Benco

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Thank you for taking the time out your day to take them pics . Did you replace all your metal lines with hyd hoses on the frount if so when you put the covers on did you have any places where they rubbed.

AllDodge

No, only replace rubber with rubber and metal with metal. Where the tilt go from rubber to metal and back to rubber (the Vee) I added rubber hose around the Vee and Tie wrapped in place

Benco

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Can you tell me where #1 hyd line on the tilt cylinder goes. I'm having problems with that one. I uploaded a pic you sent me so you know which one I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 16318879134697393547855215723777.jpg
    16318879134697393547855215723777.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 9

AllDodge

On the other side there is a fitting for the 2 lines. They are one on top the other. That one goes to the top fitting. the purple 1 in my pic