• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D3 Dozer with Deutz diesel engine

Dickjr.

One thing comes to mind , if it has a transmission cooler how does it move air across the cooler? The Deutz engine is one tough motor. I'd like to see more pics up close . Its pretty cool really , but I'd hate to buy it and try to use it.

bigsmoke

Occupation
Heavy equipment mechanic
That girl's been for sale for a coon's age. Interesting proposition, but I'd run faaaar away

tctractors

In Europe this tractor would sell very well, CAT had Deutz engines in some of its early excavators with the engine being a well known and super strong runner, the engine has an E/Oil cooler and can be fitted with a Trans /Hydo cooler air blown via the fan, this modification would probably be seen as an improvement to the dozer if it has been done to a high standard.

tctractors

johan7

I remember the application of Deutz engines in equipment that was used for the construction of the Channel tunnel from France to the UK . Reason for this was the better and clean burning . It was the precombustion chambers that were burning better , although fuel consumption was higher , but in tunnelling clean air is more important .
The Netherlands , johan7

Karl Robbers

The best home for that dozer would be in another underground application. Few above ground operators would be interested and even fewer would want to pay anywhere near its value, but an underground operator would realise its true value.
Having said that, all our CAT underground gear ran CAT motors, C15's, C18's and C27's.